"When life is in transition, money is in motion."
Career changes, relocations, family expansions—or the many other events that you plan for, dream about, or don’t expect at all—can be financially unsettling. A sound financial plan will help you make informed choices when faced with life’s inevitable changes.
When you have the right financial plan for your circumstances…
- You can balance what you need and want today with the personal goals you have for the future.
- You won’t wonder whether you can afford the vacation or the house or the college tuition — you’ll know.
- You can take control of your future and achieve your personal objectives.
- You’ll have a financial cushion when unexpected expenses crop up.
- Most reassuring is that a good plan will help you live the life you want with the resources you already have.
A professional financial plan requires a professional financial planner
Today in Canada, outside of Quebec, anyone can call themselves a financial planner. There is no regulation that restricts the use of this title. So how do you know that the person you’ve engaged to be your planner has the appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities to earn your trust? Insist on finding someone who holds the CFP® designation.
Tools for Getting Started
We’ve created this new brochure to help Canadians understand the financial planning process, the benefits of engaging in financial planning, and the value of working with a CFP professional. To find a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional in your area that will help guide your financial future, use our Find Your Planner tool.
You can also click on the presentation below to learn more.
For more on the benefits of financial planning, read The value of financial planning, A solid financial plan boosts financial emotional well-being, and Financial planning can help anyone at any life stage.